On Thursday 19 November, Commercial fast streamer Joe Miller took part in a 6-person discussion panel for the latest Contract Management MOOC (Massive Open Online Course).
MOOCs are free and open online learning courses with the last Contract Management MOOC in April 2015 attracting more than 16,000 participants from all over the world.
The panel discussion was broadcast live on YouTube, you can watch Joe’s main input below:
5 other panellists joined Joe, each with varied backgrounds. They included:
- Sally Hughes – Chief Operating Officer of IACCM
- Professor Douglas Macbeth – Professor of Purchasing and Supply Chain Management at the University of Southampton
- Gonzalo Camacho – Professional Rugby player for Argentina and Leicester Tigers
- Ruth Tomlinson – Law undergraduate at the University of Southampton
- Christopher Price – Commercial Officer at Rolls Royce
You can watch the full video of the session here.
“Much better career choice”
During the discussion Joe provides a fantastic insight into what the Commercial Fast Stream is like.
Joe’s current placement is with the Ministry of Justice and he stated that his choice to join the Commercial Fast Stream was a “much better career choice than going into the city”.
The Commercial Fast Stream
If you want to “actively make a difference” like Joe and many other Commercial fast streamers, you can find all the information for the programme in this downloadable brochure.
You can also read our previous blog ‘Life on the Commercial Fast Stream’.
Feel free to tweet us with any of your Commercial Talent questions on @Gov_Coml_Talent.
Massive Open Online Courses are a new online learning platform available to everybody in a range of subjects. Click here to find out about the free ‘Contract Management –Building Relationships in Business’ MOOC.